now browsing by month
As a woman, you must be very proud to have your own business. In a world that was dominated by men for so long, this is truly a triumph. Now that the business is open, how can you become successful?
Be Firm and Strong
Unfortunately, men might still try to take advantage of you, especially when it comes to negotiations. Do not back down, and do not be intimidated. Show that you are a strong and proud woman who will do what she wants to achieve the goals for her small business.
Hire a Diverse Team
Sometimes, women become very caught up in the fact that they are strong women, and they hire only female employees. Try to break away from this stereotype. By hiring both males and females, you’re showing that you are an employer who is open to everyone and that your main priority is the success of the business, not making a political statement.
Use Your Intuition
Men and women are different in quite a few ways, and women tend to have stronger intuition in general. Now, you still absolutely must use your head, but remember, God gave you a head and a heart so use them both. If a business deal, meeting proposal or other component of the business doesn’t feel right, don’t go through with it.
A Target Audience
Do not assume that your target audience must only be women simply because you are a woman yourself. Look at all of the demographic factors of your intended client when you are deciding for whom to market. This decision and target audience tactics are major ones when it comes to your success.
Hone Your Math Skills
Through some studies, it has been shown that men tend to be better at math than are women. Do not let this stereotype take over your business. Instead of leaving all of the financial happenings to the men in the company, take charge of the budget yourself. After all, this is your business.
Balancing Family Life
As a woman, you may feel that your primary obligation is to the children, and it’s not wrong to feel like this. However, if you put too much time into one area of your life, the other ones could start to suffer. Furthermore, creating a balance is essential because if you spend too much time on one component, you could start to feel spite toward it, and it may fall apart. Consider renting a virtual office space for a prestigious business address in the CBD and you can keep working from home to fulfill your family commitments.
Do not think that you must make a huge statement about feminism by completing all of the tasks by yourself. Be aware of what you can do and what you cannot do. Delegate the other tasks to other individuals in the company.
Success is something that all business owners want to have. As a woman, consider your unique strengths and weaknesses when creating this path full of opportunity and potential.
Written by Beth Gadd
Beth runs a small business in IT related field. She operates at home while also has her virtual serviced offices set up recently.
The bathroom is perhaps one of those rooms in your house which you will likely frequent in a day. For this reason, it is important that you keep it clean and renovate it as necessary. If you do not have any idea how or where to start, just check the following tips below:
- Make A List: It is important that you make a list of what you need to do in your bathroom and what you want to do in your bathroom. Just putting whatever without knowing why you would do it in the first place and just because you feel like it can get your bathroom disorganized rather than being able to organize it. Some of the things which you may want to consider before putting your wants on the list would be a decent-sized bath along with a lot of space for storage while under floor heating and or rain shower on the other hand can be the last on your list.
- Space: Always consider space when you are planning to renovate your bathroom. What is important is that your bathroom has ample space and you can easily move around in it. You should make it a point to take advantage of every area of the bathroom and utilize them in a form of storage.
- Storage: If you are looking for Vanity suites, look for one which has a contemporary storage system which comes along with it. The main objective of such equipment is to make toiletries more accessible as well as any other appliances which you need in the bathroom. Wire racks mounted inside the doors, rubbish bins, towel racks are but a few things which you should consider especially if you are trying to setup a cheap bathroom suite.
Do not take your bathroom for granted and as much as possible, find time to take care of it and to renovate it once in a while.
Trade Plumbing is an online plumbing and heating retailer for all your home improvement needs especially when it comes to premium bathroom suites, heated tower rails, shower enclosures and more. Find everything you need and get them in cheap prices.
Time is such a luxury these days that a lot of people tend to neglect a lot of things in their lives such as keeping their homes and lifestyles organized. They are too preoccupied with their busy lives that they have forgotten to keep things at home in order. The truth is that you do not need to be a genius so you can organize the things in your home.
- Tip 1: Organize your morning. You can do this by preparing the things that you will be bringing to work the next morning. Place them in one designated space. Have the children keep their books in their bags so they will not end up forgetting them. This will give you more time the morning after to make lunch for the whole family. This also includes filling the gas tank the night before so in case you find yourself running late the morning after, then you would not have to worry about re-filling it.
- Tip 2: Make sure that you have a “to-do” list that you refer to everyday. This will help you prioritize your responsibilities.
- Tip 3: When it comes to organizing the things in the bathroom, it is important that you purchase a plastic tub along with a handle. Then place all bathroom accessories in it such as hair sprays, lotions and the like. Then put it under the counter. Just take the tub out when you are about to use it and return it once you are done using it.
- Tip 4: Make sure you arrange your clothes based on their purpose. Make sure that the clothes you wear in the office are all together, the same as with the clothes you use when you go out for some casual walk.
- Tip 5: Put hooks on the closet wall so you can hang your jackets, hats and other bags on it.
- Tip 6: When it comes to the kitchen, you can arrange your cabinets to contain a specific item. A cabinet which only contains plates, glasses or anything for that matter. Put those packets in one basket such as gravy, sauce, and the like.
These are but a few tips that you can follow to keep your home properly organized. However, it is important that you dedicate ample time for such tasks if you really intend to keep things in your house in order.
Home improvement is a way to increase the value of your house, its style and overall look. It is also perfect for homeowners, whose houses suffered from a natural disaster or any unfortunate event. Plus, provided by the fact that home building is an emerging trend nowadays in the US, this should make home improvement in-demand as well. The National Association of Realtors predicted that there will be more existing home sales in the next few months. Of course, this might sound bad news for individuals who consider selling their own homes in the near future. In the past, a lot of potential clients would rather spend so much time on every listing that comes on the markets, increasing the house prices along the process.
Today’s homes stay longer on the market like for months, driving the prices to go down than ever before. For example, the national median price for any already built single-family houses was $206,200 in the last quarter of 2007, which was a 5.8 percent down compared from prices a couple of years ago. This has happened because a new home construction normally requires selling your existing home to afford another home building process. Also, numerous homeowners would rather choose to stay in their existing home and improve it to a whole new, higher level. Thus, home improvement of new home construction are becoming a lot better option than listing their house on a market at a low price rate. A lot of people now consider home improvement as beneficial to their cause and purpose. With home improvement, it can help them make their house more comfortable, appealing and valuable that makes it a good investment. A few examples of popular home improvement projects include addition of another bathroom, deck, door or windows, remodeling the kitchen, transforming a room into a lounge or theater room, and so on. These improvements can raise your home’s value higher on the market coupled with the benefits of making it livelier, convenient and environment-friendly.
If you are planning to settle for home improvement, you might need a great amount of funds for all the processes involved. Good thing there are several ways in finding money to help you pay for the renovation. One good example is through home equity loan, wherein you can get a lump sum of cash based on the amount of equity you already have in your current house. The loan amount and the interest rate are fixed and you will have to pay for it for 5 to 15 years. Another example is home equity line of credit, which also functions like a credit card that allows you to borrow money for your home improvement. Its major benefit is that the rate of interest is lower than the interest rates you have to pay after using a credit card. Plus, the interest rates you pay for a Home equity line of credit are tax deductible depending on what you have agreed upon with your creditor. Lastly, cash-out refinance is a way to refinance your mortgage at an amount that is greater from what you current owe. The interest rates are also lower by which you can also earn substantial savings.
About the author:
Sharron Maddix is a web content writer and freelance home improvement consultant. Some of her famous works includes Mathis brother. Follow her on twitter @ IamSharonMaddix
A leaf blower can be a very valuable tool in keeping your garden clean from debris, particularly fallen leaves when autumn comes around. Leaf blowers are handheld powered tools that are very handy for keeping a tidy lawn, patio, porch and balconies for that matter. A variety of leaf blowers are available from Skyland Equipment.
The usual design of a leaf blower includes an engine motor on one end and a long neck which funnels a blast of air. Consumer leaf blowers usually come with a shoulder strap and are generally more compact compared to industrial blowers that are designed backpack wise but heavier and bulkier. The latter also prove more comfortable to use and ergonomically friendly especially for prolonged use. Newer designs also incorporate various additions including a mulching mechanism, a receiving receptacle or a trash bin connection.
Leaf blowers make it possible to clean an area quickly as opposed to sweeping with a rake or broom. They also prove very useful in cleaning hard to reach areas such like gutters and areas behind furniture. Most blowers today also offer a vacuum feature that in a flip of a switch turns the leaf blower into powerful all purpose vacuum cleaner.
These innovative maintenance tools were invented in Japan in the 1970s. The earliest models did not become very popular due to the loud noise given out by the primitive engines that power the blowers. However, many models today are quieter due to better engine mechanisms as well as the availability of electric models. Blowers today have not only become quieter but the size and power of the tools has also improved. Some leaf blower models now also utilise rechargeable batteries which are highly advantageous as one would not be trailing a power cord anymore when using the blower.
Some cities have strict regulations regarding the use of leaf blowers due to their environmental impact, particularly the noise that they create, and in the case of petrol powered models, the emissions. In some communities the use of leaf blowers is completely banned, so if you are planning on getting one for home use, it would be a good idea to check your local city hall first.