now browsing by month
It is important that you maintain your kitchen clean. Keep in mind that this is the place where you prepare and cook your food. You cannot afford to have different bacteria start multiplying which can potentially infect food which can cause your family to be sick. But by following the cleaning tips below, you can effectively sanitize your kitchen while saving unnecessary expenses.
- Tiles: When it comes to cleaning tiles, it is paramount that you disinfect and deodorize them first. One of the most common methods practiced by most people is through the use of hydrochloric acid and or muriatic acid. However, you also have the option of using vinegar and lemon. Just follow the one is to one ratio when it comes to mixing of acid and water.
- The Kitchen Floor: Just like with the other portion of the house, sweeping the floor is an important task. Keep in mind that your objective is to keep the floor free from stain and from being wet. What you can do though is to do it manually and in this case, doing it by hand using a rag is perhaps more effective than mopping it. Utilizing detergents and some water mixture is a good start in keeping it free from stains.
- Counter Tops and Appliances: Baking soda solution is often used to remove the bad smell in this part while wiping the surface using a soap solution. Just make sure to wipe them with clean, clear water after, similar to rinsing your laundry. After doing so, you can wipe the surface using a dry rag to dry the surface. When it comes to appliances, it is vital that you maintain them well and keep them dry after washing them, provided that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and reminders when it comes to cleaning your appliances.
If you are looking for practical ways to clean your kitchen then following the advices above is a good start.
Are you thinking about granite? More and more people are turning to granite as their choice for a countertop and you should too. Not only do these last longer, they look better, they will increase the value of your home and you will be happy to show them off to your friends. Did you know that granite countertops also have one of the longer warranties in regards to a countertop? I mention this because some people don’t think the warranty is that important when the truth is that it is very important.
Advice On Buying Granite Countertops
Never Buy Used – The problem with buying used granite is that you don’t know much about it. Some granite will start to fade if not taken care of and others will be cracked in certain places and if you didn’t know what the granite looked like before, then you won’t notice a crack until it changes.
Know What Your Buying – If you don’t know much about granite, then you need to either learn or buy from a trusted seller. This will greatly benefit you because some granite yards will try to take advantage of people who don’t know much about it and are just looking for a deal.
Take Your Time – The last thing that you need to do is just take your time. Some people try to rush into buying the first granite countertops they see and that doesn’t work. Even if this is the deal of a lifetime, take your time as this might not look right in your house or it might not be big enough to cover your entire counter.
If you want to buy the best granite countertops around, then you need to take your time and make sure you choose the right ones. There are a lot of different types of granite out there and the decision that you make will have a huge impact on the way your countertops look.
Furniture can be expensive these days and with the current economy, not everyone has the budget to spend for it especially if they have other financial priorities. However, it does not have to end there. You can still furnish your house using second-hand furniture. It may sound ridiculous or cheap but then again purchasing used furniture has its benefits such as:
- Helps You Save Money: Saving every penny you can these days is very important and if you could get yourself some decent furniture without having to spend a huge amount then it is good.
- Better for the Environment: Getting second-hand furniture gives you the opportunity to re-use old materials. This means that in a way, you do not contribute in purchasing new furniture which requires more logs to be cut down in the wilderness. You also become a proponent in recycling.
- Guaranteed Genuine: Unfortunately, some furniture these days tend to be questionable in terms of how they were made and how good their quality is as most situations in the overseas.
- Old Or Vintage Furniture Have Durability: Most vintage furniture are sturdier and well-constructed compared to most present furniture.
Some people have the impression that looking for old or used-furniture leads to an antique find which can potentially cost you a fortune. The good news is that there are places out there where you can find good furniture without having to pay a big amount.
Image credit: treehugger.com